Caring for Kids Foundation
We are here for our community to help children impacted by domestic violence and sexual abuse
Abuse towards children is a epidemic that is on the rise. Here is a glimpse at what our children are facing:
- In 2009 police reported almost 55,000 children and youth victims were affected by physical assault or sexual offense.
- 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 6 boys experience an unwanted sexual act.
- 4 out of 5 incidents of sexual abuse will occur before the age of 18.
- 54% of girls and 31% of boys under 21 have experienced sexual abuse
- 60% of all reported sexual assaults are against children
- In 2010 there were 99,000 victims of family violence in Canada- of these, 51% were children
Canadian Centre for Justice Statistics. (2001)